Room Policy Gill Library New Rochelle Campus
Gill Library, New Rochelle
Group Study Room Policy
Six Group Study Rooms (three on the first floor and three on the second
floor) in Gill Library provide space for small groups to use for serious
academic purposes. The Group
Study Room Policy is
meant to ensure that these Rooms provide a clean and comfortable environment
and are available on an equitable basis. Groups of individuals affiliated
with CNR have priority of use of the Group Study Rooms.
1. Each Group Study Room occupant agrees to comply with the Gill Group Study
Room Policy. Not complying may result in revocation of the privilege to use
a Group Study Room.
2. Rooms may be reserved no more than two weeks
in advance by completing an online
Group Study Room Reservation Form
which requests the names of all of the individuals who intend to occupy the
3. Reservations are held no longer than 15 minutes beyond the time for which
the Room is reserved if the Room is needed by others.
4. Groups (2 or more people) have priority over one individual requesting or
occupying a Room.
5. A maximum of 4 to 8 people may use a Study Room depending upon which room
6. Each Study Room occupant must leave a photo ID card with a valid
expiration date at the Circulation Desk while using a Study Room.
7. Each ID card is returned to its owner (and no one else) after the Study
Room is vacated, found to be in good order by a Library worker and locked.
Occupants should allow time for this procedure.
8. The Library is not responsible for belongings left unattended.
9. No food or drink is permitted in the Study Rooms or anywhere else in the
Library, except in the Library Café.
10. A Study Room may be used
for up to three hours by the same individual(s). The individual(s) may
request a renewal and, if granted, they may use the Room until needed by
11. Study Room occupants agree to vacate the Room 15 minutes prior to the
posted closing time or when asked to vacate the Room by a Librarian or
Contact Jennifer L. Ransom, Access Services/Reference Librarian, (914)