Group Study Room Policy - Gill Library, New Rochelle
Group Study Rooms in Gill Library provide space for small groups of
students to use for academic purposes for up to 3 hours a day. The
Group Study Room Policy is meant to ensure that these Rooms provide
a clean and comfortable environment and are available on an
equitable basis. Groups of CNR students have priority of use of the
Group Study Rooms.
1. Each Group Study Room occupant agrees to comply with the Gill
Library Group Study Room Policy. Not complying may result in
revocation of the privilege to use a Group Study Room.
2. Users must submit an online form to book a Group Study Room on
the 2nd floor, i.e., Room 206, Room 212, or Room 213.
3. A Group Study Room may be booked in one-hour increments for up to
three hours per day.
4. Users must confirm their Group Study Room reservation within 15
minutes of booking by responding to an automated email message.
5. Rooms may be reserved no more than four weeks in advance by
completing the online Group Study Room booking form.
6. Users should occupy the Group Study Room on time to avoid
forfeiting the reservation and should cancel a reservation they do
not wish to keep.
7. Groups (2 to 6 people) have priority over one individual
requesting or occupying a Group Study Room.
8. A maximum of 4 to 6 people may use a Study Room depending upon
which room is available.
9. Each Group Study Room occupant must leave a photo ID card with a
valid expiration date at the Circulation Desk.
10. Each ID card is returned to its owner (and to no one else) when
he or she vacates the Group Study Room.
11. The Library is not responsible for belongings left unattended in
the Group Study Room or elsewhere.
12. Covered drinks, but no food, permitted in the Group Study Rooms
or anywhere else in the Library.
13. Group Study Room occupants agree to vacate the Group Study Room
15 minutes prior to the posted closing time or when asked to vacate
the Group Study Room by a Librarian or Library worker.
14. Gill Library reserves the right to cancel a Group Study Room