If I travel by car to visit the main campus, what are the simplest directions and where can I park?
From New Jersey
George Washington Bridge to Cross Bronx Expressway.  Follow signs for New England Thruway, Route I-95.  Proceed north to Exit 15 (New Rochelle - The Pelhams).  Right on US 1 (Main Street).  Right at next light onto Weyman Avenue.  Left at Elm Street (third light).  College will be five blocks on the right. 

From Upper New York State, Westchester County
New York State Thruway to Cross Westchester Expressway (Route 287).  Proceed east on Cross Westchester Expressway to Route I-95 (New England Thruway).  South on Route I-95 to Exit 15 (New Rochelle - The Pelhams).  Left on US 1 (Main Street).  Right at second light onto Weyman Avenue.  Left at Elm Street (third light).  College will be five blocks on the right.

From New England
Route I-95 (Connecticut Turnpike, New England Thruway).  See directions from New York State.

From New York City
F.D.R. Drive to Bruckner Expressway, Bruckner Expressway to Route I-95.  Off at Exit 15 (New Rochelle - The Pelhams).  Right on US 1 (Main Street). Continue as in directions from New Jersey.

From Long Island
Whitestone or Throgs Neck Bridge to New England Thruway (Route I-95) north to Exit 15.  See New Jersey directions above.

By obtaining a Visitor Parking Pass from the Security Booth located at the entrance to the College, one can park in any available space throughout the campus.  Handicapped parking is also available. 

I’ve lost my diploma how can I get another one?

Send a notarized letter to the Office of the Registrar, stating that you have lost or misplaced your diploma.  Include your name as it was when you graduated and a check for $25.00 payable to The College of New Rochelle. 

How can I get a copy of my transcript?

A request for an official transcript or a student copy should be made in writing by the alumna/us.

Requests should be sent to the Registrar; include your social security number, complete address instructions and a check or money order for $4.00 payable to The College of New Rochelle.  Your signature must appear on the letter. You may contact the Registrar's Office at (914) 654-5216.

Is the pool or gym available for alumnae/i use?

The Sports Building that you remember on the main campus was demolished on the expert advice of engineers and architects. Although it was state of the art in the 30s, it no longer met regulation requirements for competition and was in need of extensive refurbishing.  Our new challenge is to raise the funds for a building that will meet the demands of the 21st century.  Meanwhile our Blue Angel teams use off campus facilities made available at other institutions and a regular physical education program is directed from the newly constructed Fitness Center located in Ursula Hall.

These facilities are available to students, faculty, and staff only.  We look forward to the grand opening of a Health and Wellness Center in the near future that will also serve alumnae/i and the community.

Can I use Gill Library even if I’m not taking courses at the College?

The Gill Library catalog may be accessed on the Internet at and the Library's online databases may be accessed in Gill Library. Gill Library borrowing privileges are provided for one year at a time to CNR alumnae/i at the cost of $25.00 per year. Please contact the Gill Library Circulation Desk at 914-654-5340 for further information.

I would like to stay near the College when I visit New York.  Are there rooms available in the area? 

Accommodations are available in New Rochelle at the Radisson Plaza, 1 Radisson Plaza, New Rochelle, NY, 10801, 914-576-3700 (Ask for CNR discount) , and the Marriott Residence Inn, 25 Lecount Place, New Rochelle, NY 10805 914-636-7888 (New Roc City).  For a more extensive list of area hotels, contact the Office of Alumnae/i Relations.

I’ve heard that alumnae can audit courses.  Is there a fee? How do I sign up?

Non-matriculated students may audit a course for one half the usual tuition charge.  The permission of the instructor is the only requirement.  Auditors are encouraged to sign up during registration week or the first week of classes.

Although I started college with the Class of 19xx, I did not graduate until xx years later (also may not have received a degree at all, or graduated from another school).  Can my record be changed so that I will get Reunion news and other mailings from my original class?

Of course.  Call or e-mail the Office of Alumnae/i Relations to express your preference for the class with whom you would like to be affiliated.

My mail is addressed to me as “Mrs. John Doe,” but now I use my own name.  Why doesn’t the College adjust its records to reflect this change?

Names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers etc. are changed only at the request of the alumna/us concerned.  Let us know exactly how you prefer to be addressed.

May I attend Reunion Weekend even if it is not my reunion year?  What if I did not even graduate from the College? 

Absolutely!  We would welcome your participation. 

I am planning to enter/re-enter/make a move within the working world.  Can I get help from CNR?

Lifetime Career Development Services are available to all CNR graduates at no charge.  Contact the Director of Counseling, Career Development and Placement, Lynda Magrath at (914)654-5566 or  for details of those services.

For more information 
about upcoming alumnae/i events, 
please contact:
Office of Alumnae/i Relations
The College of New Rochelle
29 Castle Place
New Rochelle, New York 10805
Fax: 914-654-5290
h o m e    a l u m   i n d e x
Arts & Sciences


New Resources

Graduate School